Things to Remember
- The Professional Online Network thrives on its members and member participation
- As a community of divergent members, the views and opinions expressed on the Network are not necessarily those of the American Heart Association and AHA
- Follow the Network guidelines provided here so we can make sure everyone has a positive experience
- The Professional Online Network is a free service but AHA members to have added benefits. So… become an AHA member if you aren’t already!
- This site is for adults only, above the age of 18
- Our guidelines are always evolving so that we can make sure the Community remains safe
- We reserve the right to modify or change these guidelines without notice
- Stay involved, make comments, add files and pictures, start a blog, seek new friends
- Invite your friends and colleagues
- Post only information that you are comfortable with others seeing — and knowing — about you. Many people can see your page.
- This site is not a substitution for medical advice, treatment or diagnosis. Seek the counsel of your healthcare provider if you have any questions regarding a medical condition or information you may have received by another member of this site.
- All content on the site is public. We have the right to modify and publish, both on our site and in other media, any information you post in our Network areas. Please note that the material you post may be indexed by search engines such as Yahoo and Google.
- Keep your password private. The sharing of memberships or screen names is prohibited and may result in your account being banned. AHA accepts no responsibility for use of your membership or computer by third parties, with or without your permission.
How you talk to others in an online Network is not that different from the way you would talk to others in real life. But there are some things you should be mindful of in an online environment:
- Posting in all caps is the same as SHOUTING
- Don't use offensive language, be rude, use hate speech, or harass or spam other members
- No selling, solicitation, advertisement, or promotion of products or services is permitted on the Network. This is a place to engage with other members in a positive way, not sell your stuff.
- Don't upload copyrighted or illegal materials that don’t belong to you
- Don't upload a picture that you wouldn't show your children — that means no pictures of nudity, or sexual content, violence, weapons, etc.
- If there is an issue you’d like to report, flag the content or action, send a message to the Community Admin, or notify us here. Please note that while the American Heart Association (AHA) has no obligation to delete content that you find personally objectionable or offensive, we will do our best to address any problems that may arise.
- When there is a violation of our guidelines below, we may:
- Provide a warning
- Delete some or all of the content
- Temporarily or permanently terminate your account