Career Development Sessions at the 2011 QCOR conference

Career Development Sessions at the 2011 QCOR conference

Posted by Michael Ho on May 9, 2011 10:13 pm

Hi, my name is Mike Ho and I am the QCOR Membership & Communications Chair.  The 2011 QCOR conference is being held this week in Washington DC from May 12 to 14.  I just wanted to let the trainees and early career members know about the Career Development Lunch being held on Friday the 13th at noon.  This will be an exciting event as the finalists for the Young Investigator Abstract Award will be announced at the lunch. The 5 finalists will be presenting their abstract in front of a panel of judges in a concurrent session earlier that day.

In addition, we will have two Congressional staff members who worked on the quality provisions contained in the Affordable Care Act speak during the lunch on, "Conducting policy related research." The two members are:

Stephen Cha, MD, MHS, Professional Staff, Committee on Energy and Commerce
Neleen Rubin, Consultant, Former Senate Finance Committee staff

If you have any questions that you would like to have answered by our panelists, please post them here and we will try to get them answered. 

Re: Career Development Sessions at the 2011 QCOR conference

Posted by Charlie Browning on May 12, 2011 5:29 pm

Thanks Dr. Ho,

A question for Dr Cha and Ms Rubin:  For those of us that won't be able to attend your lunch, could you share a few highlights of the most important points you covered in your talk?   Certainly like to hear your perspectives on consumers/patient's benefits and impact on professionals and health organizations, or research on policy.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Charlie N. Browning
Sort:

Login or Join

You must be logged in to participate in forum discussions. 

You are not currently logged in.

Don't already have an account on My.AmericanHeart.org?

Share with Colleagues:

Share with colleagues:

Add Topic Tags